Blackberry Sugar Lip Scrub



Hello everybody! I'm sorry for not posting in such a long time. Now that I am on my final year of uni, it has been very hard keeping up with the DIYs and recipes but I will try to post more regularly. So for today's DIY, I have an easy-peasy blackberry sugar lip scrub. I absolutely love lip scrubs. They are very easy to do and make an excellent birthday or Christmas gift. Because I have very dry skin and lips, it is important for me to exfoliate on a regular basis. I chose to make today's lip scrub with one my favourite fruits: Blackberries. I love blackberries. Not only do they taste amazing, they are also great for your skin. 

Ingredients:

- a few blackberries (I only used 3)
- a tablespoon of cane sugar
- a tablespoon of brown sugar
- a tablespoon of liquid coconut oil or olive oil

What you'll need:

- a strainer
- a spoon or fork
- little containers




How to do it:

1. The first step in making the blackberry lip scrub is collecting the juice from the blackberries. For this you'll need a strainer and fork or spoon. Place your blackberries in a strainer and squash them with your fork or spoon. Collect as much juice as you can. 



2. In a small bowl mix the coconut/olive oil and sugars together. Add in the blackberry juice and stir. Your lip scrub should have a grainy texture and should not be too liquid. If it is too liquid, add in some more sugar.

3. Pour your mixture into an air-tight container.

4. To use the lip scrub, wet your lips with warm water and apply the lip scrub.

5. Make sure to massage it in to allow the sugar grains to exfoliate your skin.

6. Leave it on for a couple of minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.

And Voilà!

I hope you enjoy this very quick DIY. Let me know what you think in the comments! 💕




No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop SheIn for the latest in Fall and Winter Fashions