Faux Butterfly Collection

Faux Butterfly Collection:

I think collecting butterflies is pretty cool, only problem is there aren't many places where you can go looking for butterflies where I live. Not only that, I don't have the materials nor the products to maintain my collection. And yes, I feel sort of bad killing butterflies. What's the point of squashing the thorax of a very much alive creature just to have them for display? So why not have a collection with paper butterflies? I don't have to go hunting for them or kill them. It's much simpler and doesn't need maintenance, apart from cleaning the frame now and then.
And the best part is, it looks super great once it's on the wall.

































What You'll Need:

- Butterfly Templates
- Printer
- Coloring pens
- Scissors
- Frame

How to do it:

1. Choose some butterfly templates. You can search them on Google images. I chose nine butterflies.
You can see them below:


























2. Print them out and color them in. I colored them based on existing butterflies.


















3. After coloring them all in, I cut them out. The white things you see on the butterflies are pins, it was to hold them down.

















4. I then placed them in a frame.





















I think it turned out quite nice.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. That's an awesome idea.. I think it would be great for science classrooms to adopt this and allow their students to create the species that they are learning about... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so cool!

    http://audreyrose19.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Shop SheIn for the latest in Fall and Winter Fashions