What you'll need:
For the dough:
- 300 g of flour
- 170 g of butter
- 50 g of sugar
- 30 ml. water
- half a teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
For the filling:
- 1 kilo of blueberries
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup or honey
- a pinch of grated nutmeg
- half a teaspoon of cinnamon
- 75 ml. of sugar
- beaten up egg and two tablespoons of sugar to grease and sprinkle
How to do it:
1. In a bowl sift the flour and sugar and add diced butter.
2. Rub the remaining ingredients together in your hands and make sure they aren't stuck together.
3. In a cup, mix the egg with the lemon juice and the salt then pour it into your dough. Mix with a fork until combined.
4. Set your cake aside in the fridge for at least an hour.
5. While it's cooling down prepare the filling. Add the blueberries into a bowl and throw in all the other ingredients. Mix thoroughly so that the ingredients blend in well.
6. Remove your dough/cake from the fridge. Ad the filling in the center living approx. 5 mm around the edge.
7. Fold the edges around the filling. The less even it looks the better. Add your beaten egg and sugar mixture on the edges of the dough and cook it on a baking tray for about 20 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius. Make sure to put baking paper underneath your cake before putting it in the oven.