DIY Oscars Statue:
So the Oscars were on last night. I was a bit disappointed that The Hobbit nor Benedict Cumberbatch won anything but on the bright side the lovely Eddie Redmayne won best actor and gave that adorable acceptance speech. It was an amazing show with many wonderful actors and actresses present. Anyway I decided to post an Oscar themed DIY today. I found it on http://www.boston.com/.
What you'll need:
- Ken doll
- wooden base
- metallic gold spray paint
- paint brush
- glue gun or any strong glue
- mod podge
- black acrylic paint
How to do it:
1. Start by cutting your Ken doll's hair as short as possible and slick it backwards using mod podge. Let it dry for about half an hour.
2. Once the mod podge is dry, spray your Ken doll evenly with the metallic gold spray paint. Wait around 8 to 10 minutes for the first coat to dry then do the same for the back. Wait 20 minutes for the paint to fully dry.
3. While waiting for Ken to dry, paint your wooden base in black acrylic paint. Let it dry for 10 minutes before applying the second coat.
4. Once the base and Ken are both dry, use your hot glue or very strong glue to attach them together.
Now you have your very own Oscars statue! This would be great for an Oscars themed party.