DIY KIMONO


What you'll need:

- fabric
- fabric scissors
- sewing machine
- pins
- ruler

How to do it:

1. For this kimono I chose a dark red coloured fabric with lovely white patterns. It was 1.5m in width and 2m in length. The first thing you need to do is to take your fabric and fold it in two. 

2. I have chosen to draw directly onto the fabric to spare some time. The measurements indicated are the ones I used to make a loose fitting kimono. You can adjust them to your size.

3. I started off by drawing the sleeves of my kimono indicated in blue on my drawing and then I drew the line going from the underarm to the end of the raw edge indicated in pink. Instead of drawing both sides, I drew only one half of the kimono, folded my fabric in two once again and then cut out the kimono in order to have it symmetrical.
I then drew the neckline indicated in green on my drawing. Once this was done, I cut the neckline opening making sure to cut through only one layer of fabric. 

4. Now take out your sewing machine and sew and hem all the parts shown on my drawing. Use a straight stitch, staying as close as possible to the edge of the fabric.

And you are done!




Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop SheIn for the latest in Fall and Winter Fashions