What you'll need:
- White nail polish
- Dark Blue nail polish
- Red nail polish
- Sparkly Red nail polish
- Nail art brush
How to do it:
1. Paint on a base of white. Try to keep the surface as smooth as possible with steady brush strokes.
2. When your base colour is completely dry, use the red nail polish and your nail art brush to paint on a thick cross. Start with a vertical line straight down the middle and then go across.
3. Add some smaller line going from the centre outwards. Try not to touch the thick cross if you can avoid it.
4. Fill in the 8 blank triangles you are left with. Again, try not to touch any of the details that are already there but don't worry if you do, it can be tidied up later.
5. There are a lot of steps rounded up in to this one. Let me give you a run down.
If you are going to add glitter, this would be the time to do so! Just apply it carefully on top of the existing colours with the nail art brush.
When everything is dry, take some white acrylic paint or nail polish on a nail art brush and go over the white lines to tidy up any mishaps and get crisper lines.
Using a small paintbrush dipped in acetone, run it around your cuticles to clean up the bits of polish that have been left there and leave you with a perfectly round edge.
Finally, add a few coats of your favourite top coat to make it shiny, make it last and smooth out the surface which will probably be a bit bumpy at this point.