Watercolor Petal Necklace

Watercolor Petal Necklace:

What You'll Need:

- White faux flower*
- Watercolor paints; student grade is fine
- Paintbrush
- Pearls, or whatever beads you would like
- Headpins, if needed
- Jump rings
- Long piece of chain
- Clasp, if needed
- Jewelry pliers & scissors
- Paper towels

How to do it:



1) Take apart the flower, and decide which petals you want to work with. I ended up using 9 of the top/smaller petals.

2) Paint the petals! Don’t be afraid to mix colors. I love the gradients that can be made with watercolors. TIP: Don’t use too much water. Try painting the entire petal with a light wash of color, then gradually work on adding more saturated color. Your hands WILL get paint on them, so keep those paper towels on hand.

I happen to love all shades of blue - especially turquoise - so I went for a similar shade of the original. Deeper blues on top with some green blended in towards the bottom. I wanted something similar, not exact, so the watercolors are perfect to control the colors and shades I used.

3) Let dry, at least for an hour or two.

4) Carefully pierce holes on top of the petals. I used the blunt end of a sewing needle. Attach the jump rings, then attach to the chain. Add a clasp if needed; I made this one long enough so that it doesn't need a clasp.


5) Instead of pearls, I used connector gems. But it’s totally up to you as to what beads you use.






Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop SheIn for the latest in Fall and Winter Fashions